Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No Rain, No Rainbows

On Monday, I finally gave up on carrying around my DSLR camera and mailed it home with a bunch of other stuff I've been lugging around, in total shedding 5kg (11lbs) from my pack.  I still have my point and shoot, and I think that is enough for me right now. 95% of the time it takes just as good of a shot as a DSLR and I can live with missing the other 5% when I'd like to tune the image plane or aperture. Besides, everyone goes to the same places, so I don't think I'm taking any original photographs. Perhaps I can assemble an entire collection of photos from Google Images -- you would be none the wiser.

On Tuesday, I parted ways from Ethan and headed north to Chiang Mai on a "VIP" bus leaving at 8pm and arriving at 8am. VIP might stand for Very Irritable Passage. The bus wreaked of exhaust fumes and old urine that was leaking from the toilet on the bottom level; every couple of hours people were dropped off along the way and the fluorescent lights were turned on full blast from pitch blackness; and all the while, I listened to the women sitting directly behind me puking into a plastic bag from motion sickness. I imagine that Wednesday will be a better day no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment