Sunday, June 12, 2011

Malaysia to Indo

Captain Alex has a blog, www.sailblogs.com/member/bubbles, where you can get some updates for now.

For the record, my pirate name on the boat is Duke, my other crew members are Tex and Hollywood. Here is a relevant post.

And here is another post from his blog a few days after that.

The next blog post for Bubbles (updated: here) will be from me. I'm waiting to get internet on the boat to work long enough for the post to upload.

Currently, we are in the south part of an island called Nias. It has a famous point break for surfers, which is fun to watch people carve up during the day. Today I tried to get out to the break, then found I was too weak and exhausted to paddle past the current/tide, and retreated back to the boat with the board between my legs. Hopefully tomorrow I'll do better.

Newest sailing skill: I can tie about a billion useful knots, bends, and loops. 

Pirate call: Huz-ZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment